~Current Job~

Today is a rainy Saturday.
A day I'm glad to be home,
A day where I can sit back and relax.

It has been a month since I started working,
And currently I'm working in the factory instead of the office.
Less stress but lots of physical work.
So I always end up tired by 8pm, going to bed before 10pm.

This is also the time where I sometimes ponder,
All these years of education,
Just so that I could work as a factory worker?
Even knowing that it's temporary,
A process before I go into something bigger,
But still, it scares me to think that I actually enjoy doing this,
Than to face the telephone calls I have to take at the office.

I'm going to be in the factory until August,
After that heading to the Quality control department,
Then 6 months at the Product Development department.
Next April, I'll be at Tokyo branch, doing my training at the Sales and Marketing department.
Unlike my peers, my training is 2 years, while theirs is until this August.
I'm glad in a way, for training means there's more time for me to learn and prepare, and the responsibility and stress are less..
Or so I hope..

But, as a foreigner, it also means I have to do lots of translation work.
Unlike my peers who can go home and enjoy their GW holidays,
I spent my 4 days holidays doing translation work, both into Taiwan Chinese and English.
While trying my best to write daily reports in Japanese..

There are pros and cons being the first foreigner of the company.
I sometimes wish they could understand the struggle I have to go through,
But at one hand hoping they won't help me too much so that I could learn faster.
The irony of being me, feeling stress at the smallest task, gesture or even comments.

I just hope they won't put too much high hopes on me.
I'm not an elite for I knew friends at Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka university etc.
I'm just a normal Malaysian who happens to speak more languages than the Japanese do.
Put me back in Malaysia and I'm no different from any other.
I sometimes wish they wouldn't treat me too differently.
Though sometimes I wish they would.
Again, such irony being me.



1 comments:

chenli 5/26/2013 8:12 PM  

Back to full access of blogspot again. Gonna visit often :)

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.