~Work~

Next Wednesday, 1st of August will mark the start of my training in the office.
The day when I have my own desk and laptop while my friends stay in the factory.
And two of my friends starting their work in the Sales and Marketing department in Tokyo.

Been getting so used to working in the factory that I have jitters working in the office.
Although I'm considered as still under training,
I was assigned a small task of booking the air ticket and hotel room to Taichung in September by the Sales department.
Oh yea, I'm flying to Taichung for a 7/11 food exhibition.
My job is to make a questionnaire, let customers try our product at our booth and let them answer the questionnaire.

Sounds simple but the booking process is hard when it comes to a company..
There are lots of procedures to follow e.g. you'll HAVE to book your flight and hotel through a travel agency, and after you have arranged everything you have to ask the General Affairs Department to MAKE the booking, while making sure you have hand in the documents stating when you are leaving, how much money you are going to use etc.

It's ok if you have a supervisor to watch over you to do these stuff in detail.
Mine just said "do the booking."
He told me about the process but not more.
You have no IDEA how much I freaked out having to make calls in Japanese.
On top of the proper business-manner-Japanese I have to remember,
I have to remember what details to ask, to confirm the price and date and report every process to my supervisor ASAP.
"What could be done today should not be put off tomorrow" Well, this sounds like my motto too so its fine..
"You'll have to FIND work to do and not wait for my orders only. I dislike people doing what they are ordered to do only"..yeah, but...am I not still under training, moreover, in a different department?!!! What if I made a mistake?!

Well, it sounds like my supervisor is really trying to make me "grow up" faster.
His words put quite some pressure on my shoulders but I guess it's part of the job.
 "Who gets to go overseas when still under training right?" "So you must leave a good result with this excursion to Taichung"
When put it that way, I guess all I can say is "haik...."("Yes sir")
I'm actually really happy to be given this chance.
The pressure I feel is actually a long lost feeling.
I missed it and I AM, weirdly speaking, enjoying it in a way..
Though my complains doesn't sound like it.

1st of August.
I'll see you soon.

1 comments:

Shuk Yee 8/10/2013 12:33 PM  

the phone call part is normal. i even arrange my words for almost one hour before calling. but then realised that i am actually "customer" for them. so, normal polite words is enough. no need to be so stress for those keigo.

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.