~Self made food~

Sorry for not updating recently...Studies has been hectic,and I rarely have time to think,much less blog..Comes Saturday though and I finally got some time for myself and indulge in cooking..

So on Saturday 11/11/2006,I officially tried my hands on making my own nasi lemak.Woke up early in the morning with full 'semangat' wanting to go and buy the stuff needed but damn,it was drizzling..Never mind,cannot cycle,WALK!Nothing will stop me from my Nasi Lemak plan..Went there,search high and low for nuts,coconut milk finally the easiest,cucumber and onions.

Thanks to Anuar's blender and chili powder,and some left over anchovies I manage to save up from the Cucur making last time,I started my attempt.First was the boiling of eggs,while I fried the anchovies..Then,blended the onions and stir fried with the rest of the anchovies(after taking up some as condiments with the nuts),add chili powder,and voila!My sambal was made..(Of cuz,must add a bit water,sugar for taste and texture)..Next was the rice part,Soo Sing was ever so kind to sponsor her rice,so along with our own estimation,we put water and put the rice in the rice cooker..After awhile,our itchy hands start to put in the coconut milk,stirring the rice once in a while..

And after 1hour plus....Tada..Japan rice,Nasi lemak..I was ever so forgetful..I didn't take picture of my wonderful Nasi lemak..Complete with kacang,ikan bilis,sambal,cucumber,one hard boil egg and santan milk rice..arrgghhhhhhh...but it tasted great to me,cukup pedas..hahha..With more than half can of cocnut milk left,Soo and I made Hong tou shui(Red bean soup),memang taste different when got coconut milk..The texture,great...I even gave the nasi lemak to Anuar,who said it tasted great..kena puji..hahahhahahha.For dinner,nasi lemak with Ayam masak merah and fried eggs,how great is that!!Malaysian food that's what...hohoho

Still got half a can of coconut milk..You know me lar,cannot bazir one...Since no curry to make,let's try our hands on...KAYA!!!!Internet is such a convenient tool,just key in Malaysian fodd,Kaya..pop..the receipe is all there..Giler easy..There's this one which I like best,something about his grandmother made kaya which sold out like hot pancakes..So he shared the receipe online..You just need..coconut milk,check..eggs,double check..and sugar..triple check..only 3 ingredients to make a KAYA,how easy is that...


Early 12th of November,Kelly Ti Lien Ghee,tried her hands on her first Kaya attempt..(Nasi lemak,made before in Malaysia)..Beat the eggs,add sugar base on instincts,beating non stop..then add coconut milk..The hard part,have to cook with low fire until the mixture gets brown and sticky,kaya-style of cuz..NON STOP STIRRING!!else it will get burn..I spent one hour plus getting this kaya done..Went out to buy bread,damn strong wind today..Was almost blown off my bicycle.. reach here safely,quickly open and take out bread..

And sapu.........
..

..

..


Giler sedap!!!!!Not to blow my own horns,but hell,it was real KAYA!!!!!!OMG!!!KAYA KAYA KAYA!!!I fell kaya already...Now,waiting for Soo Sing to wake up..See how she feels,cuz she was craving for kaya yesterday...OMG...KAYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

5 comments:

Jeremy Cheong 11/12/2006 1:08 PM  

U get the homemade version..I'll call back home & order a factory made 1. Its hard work for lazy ppl like muah to make 1...

cl3m` 11/12/2006 1:51 PM  

hahaha..yea..lazy ppl like me get kaya sent back from home :P

nAoKi 11/12/2006 11:27 PM  

wah lau ehh..i know i praise u on ur cookin b4 in ur prvious pose..but KAYA??i dunno it oni takes 3 ingredients to make KAYA..u're really good ehh..mayb i shld try sum cookin myself with my 2 mths of holiday left..

Anonymous 11/13/2006 12:28 AM  

wah... looks really good!
didnt know its so easy to cook oso.. bt, 1 hr of stirring a bit too much.. 3 more mths! =D

Anonymous 11/15/2006 8:08 PM  

WOW, I'm amazed! LOL, One nice food after another. Good good. Next time can cook for ur frens to eat already. :)

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.